Tuesday 5 October 2010

Communications


I occasionally receive automatic notification of a comment left by a reader which turns out to be a request for contact details or some other communication. For example, I was recently asked if it would be possible to exchange links with this blog.

I would like to be able to respond, but the system does not allow me to do so, especially where the person trying to make contact is simply identified as “Anonymous”, and I have no contact details for the person concerned.

Rather than using (or attempting to use) the Comments facility, it would be much more effective to send me an e-mail in these circumstances. There is no secret as to what my e-mail address is – it is shown at several places in the blog, but if you still haven’t spotted it, it’s - martin.goodall@keystonelaw.co.uk

As I have pointed out in the Introduction, I cannot undertake to enter into open-ended discussions on the contents of the blog, but I have no objection to receiving e-mails on specific points. Spam will inevitably get ‘zapped’ by the automatic spam filter, so spammers would be wasting their time by adding this e-mail address to their databases, but bona fide correspondents can expect a polite reply, even if I am unable to respond in detail to points raised.

© MARTIN H GOODALL

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW COMMENTS ON THIS BLOG ARE NOW CLOSED.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.